• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who else considers...

the original box/case as part of the purchase package? And why?

I personally have stopped making offers if they don't include the box but that's just me.

If your a collector a box most times is a must, I have sold a few guns here on ODT, and most times I find the box of a rifle of handgun in my Prep room, after I sold the gun I will try to get that box to the person who bought my weapon. I know for a fact that my wife found like 3 Blue S&W Blue boxes in our storage room, now she can't find them!!!

If your a collector a box most times is a must, I have sold a few guns here on ODT, and most times I find the box of a rifle of handgun in my Prep room, after I sold the gun I will try to get that box to the person who bought my weapon. I know for a fact that my wife found like 3 Blue S&W Blue boxes in our storage room, now she can't find them!!!

Ive done the same and have had it done. Collector boxes are a must but just a generic glock box(?) nah you can have it.. Plastic anyways :Cry:

I have picked up a couple in the past without the plastic case then OCD kicks in and I go buy a case to put it in. For me it's just extra protection for the gun to keep it from getting banged up and to keep the accessories all in one place. I see ads all the time in the accessories section that say "magazine for sale. I no longer have the gun and found this in the back of my safe" lol

I like to have a case but it's not a prerequisite to purchase. Every handgun gets a case or at least a sock. If I was collecting then yeah, I'd be more concerned about original packaging

It's more important with certain guns than with others. I'm interested in 1990 through early 1995 West german P226s. They're nothing other than a very well-made pistol without the box, little collector value. But, add the box, test target, etc., they become fairly collectible. Things like old Gold Cups and the snake guns are collectible without the box, but more so with it. The box matters to me most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom