• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who else enjoys making rather than buying and waiting ?

StuP

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
This morning I needed a dummy / fired 38 spl case. Nothing on hand, so it was satisfying to make one rather than buy / wait. Anyone else enjoying making their own tools, speciality bits and pieces, that are right for the job ?
IMG_20220402_123010.jpg
rather than buying things ?

This morning I needed a dummy / fired 38 spl case. Nothing on hand, so it was satisfying to make one rather than buy / wait. Anyone else enjoying making their own tools, speciality bits and pieces, that are right for the job ?View attachment 4148729 rather than buying things ?
That’s really cool, how did you make it?

I get laughed at periodically at work for the things I make/modify. Where most people scoff and say “just buy it”. Well sometimes they dont know enough to know you cant just buy it. A couple years ago we bought a new tub faucet. The faucet had 1-1/32”x some odd number of threads. Ended up turning two 1/2” pipe by 1-1/32” threaded stainless adapters. Worked great. Last year I made an aluminum alignment plate for turning uni-lug wheels into acorn style lugs. I was able to modify all four wheels with a hand drill and maintain bolt spacing and concentricity. Cost me nothing. Could not imagine what it would cost to break down the tires and pay a shop to do it on a mill. Jobs like that keep my thinker thinking.

Back
Top Bottom