• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who else is drooling over the new Savage?

This pic clearly shows both charging handles.
IMG_1996.JPG

You are far more qualified than me , No Doubt. I just like keepin one eye on my optics as much as possible?

I agree with you 100% when running magnified optics, like on an SPR. Good chance I'm dealing with targets at a distance. Once the scope leaves the target, not always quick to get back on target, especially when that target is able to move of its own accord.

On what I like to call a "door kicker" carbine, I run a 1x red dot sight. I can see the target as easily with the optic as I can without. Instead of searching for the target with the optic, when using a RDS, my eye is already on the target and I bring the RDS to my eye. So, taking the optic from my eye isn't as critical with a RDS as it is with a magnified optic. On that sort of carbine, my ability to run it from either shoulder is more important to me than keeping my eye on the optic.

This is my personal preference. Just cuz that's what I prefer, and why, doesn't mean that other folks' differing opinions are invalid. It only means we think differently. Run what ya brung. If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid.

I wouldn't mind having the dual-charger system on an SPR, but would prefer not to have it on a door kicker. I prefer simplicity on such a rig and don't want the extra weight. Again, that's my preference for me.

I've got Instructors that work for me that do things quite differently from me, especially when it comes to things like entry techniques. Neither are wrong......just different.

Haha. No it was free, the pimp didn't try to shoot me. There was a bunch I didn't like about it and felt it was over priced for the features. I'd like to get my hands on one the barrelsthough as I'm sure it's good.

It'd the base model 556. Crap furniture, trigger , and set screw fsb. Ga firing line in Marietta has one. Savage are known for good barrels though. The saint is pretty nice though. They priced it high too though.

Back
Top Bottom