• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who has finished a P80 frame?

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
I was wondering how involved and possibly complicated it would be. I have zero Glock gunsmithing experience aside from the basic breakdown. Videos I watched were kinda vague. I could buy the PSA Dagger for cheap but I prefer the frame P80 frame for the looks. Although I was planning to go with the Dagger slide and barrel on this project since it looks the best and also happens to be the best deal.
Point is I don't wanna buy and dice off into something I might ruin with one wrong move.

It’s pretty easy. Just take your time and will take you maybe 30 mins.
I wanted to do an FDE frame and black slide or the reverse of that. The Dagger full top end is available for just over $200.00. And I dig it since it's kinda radiused along the front and not blocky like a typical Glock .

It's super easy, there are some awesome YouTube videos. And the p80 frame for me has better ergo than glock or the dagger.
Mine took all of 30 minutes. If you have access to a drill press it makes this much smoother. Definitely get some exacto blades too

It's super easy, there are some awesome YouTube videos. And the p80 frame for me has better ergo than glock or the dagger.
Mine took all of 30 minutes. If you have access to a drill press it makes this much smoother. Definitely get some exacto blades too
Yeah see that's the reason I liked the P80 frame. The undercut trigger guard looks better and probably feels better than a factory Glock frame.

I built a G17 P80 recently and I think my input will be valued, especially since I am a little retarded. If you are like me, it may take you two hours to complete just the frame but there isn't a lot of room for mistakes. Even if you have no idea what you are doing, if you take your time and make sure that the polymer you take off, is supposed to be off, it will come out fairly well in the end.

Attachments

• IMG_6062.jpeg
    IMG_6062.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6063.jpeg
    IMG_6063.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 21
This is absolutely the best way to remove the tabs then just use some sand paper to clean it up.

OP - have a look at some videos from the Marine Gun Builder on youtube. My recommendation is be confident when you drill and test fit everything. Drilling will be the hardest part but you got this. I was also recommended to use all OEM Glock internals so went that route, so maybe consider doing the same. There is literally a youtube video for any sort of issue you may have. At worst - it may not look sexy on the inside where but she'll go bang when you pull the trigger. I remember after I completed my build, I'm not ashamed to say I looked away pulled my head back incase it exploded and parts went everywhere. lol

Back
Top Bottom