• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who has sleep issues?

Reading helps me. I highly recommend The Survivalist Series, by A. American. Book one is "Coming Home". Lots of gun action in there.

Alcohol may help you fall asleep but will disturb sleep patterns and is a bad idea for chronic sleep deprivation.

Stay away from any type of gaming or computer work before going to bed.

Walking is therapeutic. The minds just seems to work better when walking.

Benadryl is safe and helps some folks.

How active are you?
Decently active. Lift thrice a week. Walking actually sounds like a good idea. Might do that an hour before bed.

I get sleep paralysis sometimes, horrific and freaky stuff there, takes me a good hour to go back to sleep, mainly because I’m so terrified after an episode. But that’s life I guess

Are you otherwise in good health? Weight wise? Making sure it isn’t sleep apnea
Is the room completely dark?
Are you drinking liquids after 6pm?
Are you drinking caffeine late in the afternoon ?
Is the room as cold as you can stand it?
Are all electronics put up in other rooms?
Are there dogs in the bed?

Sleep for about 1.5-2 hours before the first wake up and then another 2 before the second time. Age 27

You should get checked for Apnea.
You may actually be waking up a lot more than that without knowing it and the times when you do know you woke up happen when you stop breathing.
I got checked for apnea and during the test they said I "woke up" something like 100-200 times during the night.

I get sleep paralysis sometimes, horrific and freaky stuff there, takes me a good hour to go back to sleep, mainly because I’m so terrified after an episode. But that’s life I guess
Do you have the hallucinations to or just the paralysis?

When I was having sleep paralysis episodes on a regular basis I finally got to the point where I would try try to go back to sleep instead of fighting the paralysis and getting myself worked up.

To update, I've been going dry Amish an hour before bed and have been getting better results. Another thing I've found out is it may also be my thermostat. My unit and vents make a metric **** ton of noise when it fires up the heat. Which may explain the specific times I wake up.

Do you have the hallucinations to or just the paralysis?

When I was having sleep paralysis episodes on a regular basis I finally got to the point where I would try try to go back to sleep instead of fighting the paralysis and getting myself worked up.
I have the hallucinations/ nightmares. Usually they are too vivid for my taste, so I prefer to wake myself up if I can.

How long are you sleeping before waking up? I do this sometimes and it happened last night. I took a benadryl and went back to sleep, also I take trazadone for my sleep problems. Either way, talk with your M.D. if this continues.

The reason I asked about how long you're sleeping before waking up is, rem sleep. For the body needs at least 3.5 hours to achieve rem sleep which gives your body time to rest fully. We need from 6 to 8 hours sleep per night. Another question is, what's your age? The older we get sleep patterns will decrease.
Trazadone doesn't work for me. Did you know Trazadone is an anti-depressant?

Back
Top Bottom