• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who has the best deal on lowers?

It appears you've gotten some good advice, but I'll offer a little more. Once you get the lower, what are your plans? If looking for a basic but good shooter, I would recommend a complete PSA MOE EPT lower for about $150 to $160 plus tax, and you often find free shipping deals. Compare the $40 lower, add a basic LPK at $40 or so, $30 more for a polished trigger group, Magpul MOE stock at $25 or so, $15 for the MOE grip, $7 for the Magpul trigger guard, then add a decent quality buffer/stock extension kit at $30+, and don't forget shipping on numerous parts/pieces plus the wait times. The prices I listed are average prices, totaling $200 plus, but you often pay more. Do you have the right tools, nylon/brass hammer, punches, and armorer's wrench to complete the build? I like building my lowers if doing something special, with upgraded, higher end parts but for an average build you could have the complete lower in your hands just as quickly as the stripped lower and probably save money in the process.
Yeah I've considered all that. I already have some small parts leftover from my last build. But not anything that would make a considerable difference in cost of building a stripped lower.
I would kinda like to build a 300BO but I already have a few hundred rounds of 5.56. For years I've wanted to build an XM177 style but it seems now retro rifles are popular and pricey to assemble. So it's probably gonna be another M4 style upper or maybe a 16" mid length.

Back
Top Bottom