• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

who hates reloading 9?

I don't mind it one bit myself.
I just loaded 300 rounds this morning.
MY cost is about 6.25 -6.50 per box of 50 for plated range ammo, add about 3-4 bucks per box (50) for top level self defense loads due to the price of the projectiles.
the 380 is as small as I care to load as well.

Sometimes freedom has their reloads for $190/1000 115gr. Their 223 is $290/1000. Only on 24 hour sale days!

I don't mind it one bit myself.
I just loaded 300 rounds this morning.
MY cost is about 6.25 -6.50 per box of 50 for plated range ammo, add about 3-4 bucks per box (50) for top level self defense loads due to the price of the projectiles.
the 380 is as small as I care to load as well.

Yeah, I'm making my 40's for sub $18/100. Well worth it. IMO .380's are well worth reloading too. Can't remember what my cost is off the top of my head, but it is well under what I would spend elsewhere.

I save the brass but normally don't bother. Not that much cost saving associated with loading em and I feel my energy is better spent on magnum cartridges and rifle cartridges where the savings are substantial.

I'm planning to learn reloading using 9mm simply because it's almost impossible to double-charge a case and the components are cheap (I'm sure I'll screw some up).

Once I get my sea-legs though, I think the revolver cartridges (38/357/44) will be my main focus. Those are way too expensive as factory ammo, and it's easy to recover 100% of your brass.

I'm planning to learn reloading using 9mm simply because it's almost impossible to double-charge a case and the components are cheap (I'm sure I'll screw some up).

Once I get my sea-legs though, I think the revolver cartridges (38/357/44) will be my main focus. Those are way too expensive as factory ammo, and it's easy to recover 100% of your brass.

Depending on the powder and the charge you are throwing, it is possible. Just not real likely.

I load 147's, so its very worth it to me.

Back
Top Bottom