• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who is Going to Eat Gold?

In a power outage situation, what you don't physically possess is no longer yours. Think everything from stocks, bitcoin, checking account, electronically stored documents, etc. In a real bad situation, precious metals, diamonds, etc will be worthless. Things that will have value will be food, water, medicine/medical gear, fuel for a while, manual tools, weapons, and people you can count on.
Well said. However, true precious metals, especially gold, will never be worthless, but should not be the only preparation for a currency failure. except for their well documented use in industrial abrasives, etc, Diamonds are a "greater fool" invention by DeBeers.

Most people in my generation are getting into Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency but like everyone has said previously I see it as being unstable in emergency and prefer to be able to touch and hold my investments. Nothing wrong with gold and silver but I still think guns and ammo are the best investment you can make but diversity is key.

Gold, silver & lead over bitcoin/etc., any day of the week and twice on weekends.
As said above, in a total SHTF days …. That electronic stuff will be unheard of.
If you have extra savings, cash, liquid type assets….get the pantry stocked real well, stock your ammo/weapons, then do gold, silver and lead for “currency” trading.

Well said. However, true precious metals, especially gold, will never be worthless, but should not be the only preparation for a currency failure. except for their well documented use in industrial abrasives, etc, Diamonds are a "greater fool" invention by DeBeers.
More expensive stuff like Gold and silver is for when you start to rebuild or restart society, as trade or barter starts being common.

And yet, while they have 'value,' you can be 'relieved' of that value by someone with 22LRs or bigger (if you don't have same).... :0)

iu

Try that with bitcoin.

Back
Top Bottom