• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who is Going to Eat Gold?

I think a lot of these nongovernmental backed crypto's are just being allowed to gain so much steam as a way for gov to, at a point of their choosing, eliminate a large amount of currency with a stroke of a pen. Just my tinfoil hat theory.

I'm not so sure I agree. Kind of like abortions and guns, that cat is out of the bag. Unless we have a total societal collapse I don't think it's going away. I'm not saying having some gold and silver is pointless just that if that happens the idea of a "currency" is moot.
Gold is "money", with inherent value, not USD fiat currency that is just an IOU nothing.

With gold and silver you have a prayer, fiat currency, nothing but air.

That societal collapse mention above may be closer than many think

With the state of things these days I think I would rather have the things people will give me gold for after the dollar crashes. Even at today's prices wheat is relatively cheap. How much gold will a father give for a loaf of bread when he has a hungry kid at home? Or for a tank of gas to get to family? Just an example. Not saying precious metals aren't a better store of value than dollars. Because they are. I would just focus on owning necessities and the means of production and then, after that, look at precious metals. Not the other way around.

With the state of things these days I think I would rather have the things people will give me gold for after the dollar crashes. Even at today's prices wheat is relatively cheap. How much gold will a father give for a loaf of bread when he has a hungry kid at home? Or for a tank of gas to get to family? Just an example. Not saying precious metals aren't a better store of value than dollars. Because they are. I would just focus on owning necessities and the means of production and then, after that, look at precious metals. Not the other way around.
Exactly what I’ve done!

Not like anyone’s never been forced to give up passwords or titles in the past. You only own what you can protect.
Not like the government didn't make it illegal to own gold either.

A year earlier, in 1933, Executive Order 6102 had made it a criminal offense for U.S. citizens to own or trade gold anywhere in the world, with exceptions for some jewelry and collector's coins.
Enacted by: the 73rd United States Congress
Nicknames: Gold Reserve Act (Devaluation)
Other short titles: Gold Reserve Act of 1934

Gold Reserve Act - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Reserve_Act

Beans and bullets.
There was a young lady of Niger
Who smiled as she rode on a tiger;
They returned from the ride
With the lady inside,
And the smile on the face of the tiger.
Same applies to one man carrying only gold & silver but the other man carrying a lead thrower. Logic wins

iu

Try that with bitcoin.
Reading this thread I was about to post the same thing. LOL!

Cain't trade Bitcoin for Lesueur Peas in the 'hood.

Back
Top Bottom