• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who is ready

20190912_082909_001.jpg

Picture from this morning. Nothing showed up; however, I think I had every dog within about 1/2 mile barking with the pig distress call from the Turbo Dog.

Heard a pack of yotes near my neighborhood woods about 0430 today.
First a male dog call then the pack started yipping like mad.
Every dog for a square mile started barking then.

Maybe got their teeth into a fawn.

We have to get depredation permits most summers to control the deer herds in our crops. Most years we shoot more deer in the month of June, than most do all season. I beg you deer hunting enthusiasts to please fill your doe tags! The deer herd in northeast Ga is very healthy and in need of a thinning. Let those arrows fly, let’em fu**ing fly!

You need some helping thinning a particular spot?
Me and my buddy will help you.

View attachment 2278213 Scouted again today. Found 2 fawns bedding down. Lots of acorns.

Yep looks like some good acorns in my favorite spots too
Did some more scouting yesterday after work where I shot that nice 7point a couple seasons ago.
Found a killer pinch point that was torn UP from bambi and friends.
I’m not going to get too ramped up for first day but I will be out there hoping to see some movement.
Same spot I saw that monster black bear.
There’s also a nice rock formation going up a steep hill right behind there which looks like a possible bear den.
I didn’t want to get too close to that...lol.

I'm sure Mother Nature has me a ground blind waiting, I just have to slip through the woods and find it.

I do the same thing, but this particular spot is my go to, and I put guests there sometimes also. Mostly, it is for my son and I to have a good place to sit. He is 5 years old and if he can't be still, at least some of his movement will remain concealed.

Back
Top Bottom