• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who makes the best DA/SA pistols these days?

Deleted member 79987

Default rank 5000+ posts
Good enough for government work
79   0
Reaction score
I'm looking for other double/single action semi-auto handgun options out there (not revolvers).

I've tried a few, like the Sig P229-P226. I know about the Beretta 92 series, M9 series and the PX Storm series. Never cared much for Beretta's design because you tend to get dirty from powder blowback out of the exposed barrel. But I haven't tried them all, either.

What else is out there that I'm missing? Who makes the best double/single action semi-auto pistols today?

Manufacturer + model if you know of one.

I'm looking for other double/single action semi-auto handgun options out there (not revolvers).

I've tried a few, like the Sig P229-P226. I know about the Beretta 92 series, M9 series and the PX Storm series. Never cared much for Beretta's design because you tend to get dirty from powder blowback out of the exposed barrel. But I haven't tried them all, either.

What else is out there that I'm missing? Who makes the best double/single action semi-auto pistols today?

Manufacturer + model if you know of one.

I would say SIG. My P228 is the one pistol I would never get rid of. 3rd gen Smith and Wesson pistols are a good choice also. The HK P30 is easy to shoot well, but SIG has a nicer trigger. (I think)

Beretta M9 series has a nice trigger, but the grip frame is too damned fat for my hands and fingers.

Bersa Thunder .380's have a nice DA-SA trigger. Does Bersa make other guns in calibers you like?

I've tried and liked the FN pistols.

Back
Top Bottom