• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who makes the best DA/SA pistols these days?

Check out the FN lines. The FNX series is DA/SA and pretty robust. I have the 45 tactical. something about 15 rounds of 45, threaded barrel, raised night sights, optics ready (RMR cutout on slide), rail, just works. Plus for me it's totally ambidextrous (I'm a lefty with pistols).

FNX-45-Tactical-SureFire-X400-Ultra-and-Leupold-Deltapoint.jpg

OP... What are you using it for?

Competition? I'd have to say the CZ Shadow 2 rules them all right now. Carry... probably a SIG would do you better, although a modern, striker gun would probably make more sense there. Plinking... I'd probably be back at one of the lower-cost CZs 75s as well, since they are stunningly accurate and the ergonomics are better than just about anything else you can find out there.

OP... What are you using it for?

Competition? I'd have to say the CZ Shadow 2 rules them all right now. Carry... probably a SIG would do you better, although a modern, striker gun would probably make more sense there. Plinking... I'd probably be back at one of the lower-cost CZs 75s as well, since they are stunningly accurate and the ergonomics are better than just about anything else you can find out there.
I have a Sig P229 primarily for self/home defense, although I also use it in IDPA competitions and have done OK with it. Using the same gun helps me get used to operating the controls under stress, speed, ID'ing targets and moving around. So I'm not a purely competitive shooter and don't think I ever will be.

I've seen several mentions of the CZ P-07... will definitely have to check that one out & rent one. Also forgot about the FN series. Thanks y'all for the good suggestions. I've spit out the Glock koolaid!

iwi
just an improved cz. jericho 941.
last year i gave my wife and daughter a shooting class. they almost 700 rnds each thru 2 pistols in about 3 hours.
glock 19 for my wife and my 941 for my daughter.the glock needed a little oil, the 941 just worked.
think about it, the cz 75 is one of the best pistols ever. the Israelis are at war all the time, they chose it and then improved on it.. what they build works...
get in several calibers, poly or steel, mid or full size...

Back
Top Bottom