• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who on here knows their Caulk?

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
I used Dap Dynaflex 7 years ago when I installed my windows/doors. Flowed real nice and was easy to work with. I noticed after a week it was still tacky. It had set up but was sticky to the touch. That never went away and after a few months it looked like trash from all the debris stuck to it. So I said ok I only used it on the whole house :doh:. Well now Im noticing it cracking and seperating on several windows. These windows do not see direct sunlight either. Ive got one window I need to address immediately as its already let rain leak in. So can anyone make a good suggestion for latex caulking that doesnt stay tacky but remains flexible? Im hesitant to use silicone in case I end up painting later on down the road.

Sherwin Williams 950 is a great product. It's pretty much all I use.

Also. If you need to silicone a leak ,you can let it set a few days then go back over it with the 950 to make it paintable :)

This is all I use. Never had any issues with it and it holds up well.

IMG_1715.JPG

I just happened to be shopping for something similar and this is what was recommended to me. 25% expanching without splitting is the claim. They have one that goes up to 50% but that seems a bit extreme.
20190320_104726.jpg

Back
Top Bottom