• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who Plays a Musical Instrument?

Anybody have a favorite mode?!
For me I guess that would be the Lydian mode.

guitar-scales-lydian.jpg

I love the way it sounds. Especially with a bit of distortion, chorus, and reverb played with the neck pickup.

View attachment 1109459 View attachment 1109460
here's me with the commodores! you can guess which one I am lol
Well that's freaking awesome! Lead, rhythm, bass, what?

Here's a question! Who here can read music? Tabs don't count
:wave: If ya'll decide to have a brass section, I might be able to dust off the (very) old trumpet. But like all things, I'm sure I don't have anywhere near the stamina I once did. :rolleyes2:

guitar-scales-lydian.jpg

I love the way it sounds. Especially with a bit of distortion, chorus, and reverb played with the neck pickup.
Exactly how many fingers do you have? :shocked:

My middle school son has perfect pitch and can play virtually any instrument in about 5 minutes. Drums, trombone and violin are what he plays the most of. I wish he'd play his guitar more. I keep telling him "Chicks dig it." :afro: Unfortunately, he's lazy. I'd give anything to have his innate talent. Like all good parents, I'm trying to live vicariously through him.

i play guitar. all aspects. strong on rhythm and super strong on lead. and i love the lydian mode, ever mess with lydian dominant? #4 and b7. its cool. although obviously it comes down to the chord progression. i reeeealllllly like harmonic minor and phrygian dominant. after all, its just a harmonic minor scale from the 4th position! cant beat that! im using that a lot for the TV show im writing. the ladies love it

guitar-scales-lydian.jpg

also, thats good that has the intervals instead of dots. too many people learning "shapes". they need to learn intervals!

Back
Top Bottom