• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WHO RUNS A STANDING DEHUMIDIFIERS IN THEIR GUN ROOM

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
My gun safe and little shop is just a small room that's attached to the house well part of the house actually but it sits all the way in one corner. I run a regular standing dehumidifier constantly and I've got it on about 50% humidity setting. I empty out about a gallon and a half of water out of the moisture collector everyday like clockwork. It hasn't Automatic Pump on it but it sounds horrid so I leave it off until I leave my house for a while, go out of town for a couple of days or what have you. I manually empty it just to keep that pump from running. It's amazing how much moisture it pulls out of the air. All my tools and guns are in that room so I like to keep it low humidity but that seems like an awful lot of water for that one little space.

My gun safe and little shop is just a small room that's attached to the house well part of the house actually but it sits all the way in one corner. I run a regular standing dehumidifier constantly and I've got it on about 50% humidity setting. I empty out about a gallon and a half of water out of the moisture collector everyday like clockwork. It hasn't Automatic Pump on it but it sounds horrid so I leave it off until I leave my house for a while, go out of town for a couple of days or what have you. I manually empty it just to keep that pump from running. It's amazing how much moisture it pulls out of the air. All my tools and guns are in that room so I like to keep it low humidity but that seems like an awful lot of water for that one little space.
I did in our old house , amazing how much water is in the air

I do with silimar results as you.

Same here. 3 of my basement wall are concrete as well as my work room there. In the beginning I was emptying it 2-3 times a day. Now about once a week.

I have moisture absorbing blocks of some kind of substrate. Just have to lay them I n a sunny place to reactivate. Plus big desiccant bags. Triple threat moisture control. Needless to say I don't see any sign of surface rust on any of my blued guns.

I like your thinking!

Would like to take credit but it was setup like that when we bought the house. Former owner was a big game hunter and had all his trophies in the basement. He moved to Big Canoe.

Only thing is you have to mount the dehumidifier up high so gravity will pull the water down to the condensate pump mounted next to a/c unit.

Back
Top Bottom