• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who runs wet Suppressors?

I've run a wet can once. Way to messy and not worth the effort. As someone else said, wipes are awesome. Otherwise, using sub-sonic ammo to get really quiet. Also depends on what round you are shooting. 5.56 is never gonna be real quiet. .308 can be super quiet with subs.

Wipes are best for the first shot and are pretty much done in 3. Just my experience. For hunting, that shouldn't be an issue unless going after hogs or coyotes. While they are regulated, some companies provide you the specs or a part number from McMaster Carr so you can order one after you have "used one" since you are not supposed to have more than one on hand. F the BATFE.

I can replace a wipe pretty quick with the end cap tool. I only use wipes on my Dead Air cans designed for them.

Those take much longer to install but I guess it’s worth it. I can just drop a bit of gel in a second and go. How long do they last? What do you recommend? And I see they are ATF regulated. Lol
Depends on the caliber. 22 you can get a few. 9mm 223? 3/4/5 IF YOURE LUCKY

Wipes are best for the first shot and are pretty much done in 3. Just my experience. For hunting, that shouldn't be an issue unless going after hogs or coyotes. While they are regulated, some companies provide you the specs or a part number from McMaster Carr so you can order one after you have "used one" since you are not supposed to have more than one on hand. F the BATFE.

I can replace a wipe pretty quick with the end cap tool. I only use wipes on my Dead Air cans designed for them.

Seems like hassle. I just put a little gel in the end and it's good for 4-5 shots. While hunting that's all one needs. It is a bit messy but I'll just drop my can in an ultrasonic cleaner. I was reading that adding wipes to cans not designed for it causes all sorts of issues, like increased pressure that can destroy the can. I see that wipes are alright for most cans rated for pistol calibers, but not rifle. Not worth the risk.

I was reading that adding wipes to cans not designed for it causes all sorts of issues, like increased pressure that can destroy the can.

I would never put a wipe in a can not designed for it. Like you said, you're asking for trouble. I find both to be a hassle quite frankly so I use the wipes when needed. I've got a coyote problem and when I am trying to lure them in is when I use the wipes so I might get more than one. Other than that, no real use for them.

As a side note, hunting coyotes is not easy. Crafty bastards they are.

Back
Top Bottom