• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

who wants a life supply of case lube ?

watchingtrace

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
i got tired of buying hornady oneshot for what they are asking for it so then i switched to imperial wax. the imperial wax is a great product as well and very cheap, but i missed the speed of application of the oneshot so i started looking into alternatives. i read alot of threds and came across the liquid lanolin/99% isopropyl mix. i checked ebay and found 12oz pure liquid lanonin for $8 delivered and i picked up some 99% isopropyl. you can get the alch. at paint stores,drug stores etc.

recipe calls for 1part lanolin/5 parts alchohol.im slowly thining this as it is a very very rich concentration. you could prob cut it to 1/8 at least,i will update and let you know later where i end up at on mix.

heat a pot of water to 100-110 deg on stove. preferably a flat top "no open flame, alchohol remember"

put 1/8th of a jar lanolin in a mason jar , then fill the rest with alchohol put a lid on jar and place in the hot water for a min or two till it heats up. shake and your done. the lanolin combines with the iso real easy and does not try to seperate back out. pour your mix in a clear spray bottle that will make a fine mist and your ready to roll.

this mix goes A LONG WAY. so on your first run dont hose em down like you would with one shot just lay em out on cookie sheet and lightly fan them , roll case 180 deg and lightly fan them again. i will do around 250 pcs and let em flash dry out side then pour them in a box and size while another set flashes. some of you are already runnin this im sure, but if you havent tried it yet, i highly recommend it. its not just the cost savings but it is the smoothest fl sizing ive seen yet and id say one mason jar would last this crowd a very very long time.it really suprised me how far it went.

good info.... what color does your meth come out as?

jk.. thanks for the lead man. I dont do a whole lot of reloading on rifle.. but this is good info.

Last edited:
I use it and a little does go a long way .. I also swab the inside necks of the cases with a Q-Tip coated with the stuff.
If you use too much, then cycle an un-coated case through the die every 3rd or 4th case!
I've never had an "oil-dimple" produced by it ,, which is a good indication of it's usefulness.

The solution is also good as a finishing rub on the exterior or bores of weapons before you put them away
in the safe (spray onto a cloth ... not too much!!!). Liquid Lanolin is also an optional ingredient in
the famous Ed's Red CLP Formula!

Lanolin got's to get me some lanolin :p

i49.tinypic.com_2yy6no1.gif

Back
Top Bottom