• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who will the Falcons draft? My 2011 Falcons mock.

The Falcon Fan

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my second post on the board and I thought I would pay the sports section a visit. I'm a huge Falcon fan and a huge follower of the NFL draft. With the draft only 10 days away I felt it fitting that I made a mock draft of what I believe(and hope) that the Falcons will do come draft time. Feel free to comment or criticize. I don't mock trades but I do feel like their is a decent chance the Falcons move up or down, most likely down.

With pick 27th the Atlanta Falcons select...

Brooks Reed, Defensive End from Arizona State
[Broken External Image]:

If the Falcons stay put at 27 they could be in a tough spot. They have a need at DE but guys like Aldon Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Robert Quinn, and Justin Houston will most likely be off the board. They could take TE Kyle Rudolph but that would be a reach at 27. The best bet for the Falcons would be to trade down with a team that could be targeting an OT or maybe Mark Ingram if he falls this far. Here I have the Falcons taking one of my favorite players in the draft. Brooks Reed is a solid consultation prize for the Falcons with his speed, non-stop motor, and terrific instincts. At 6'3" 263lbs he has the frame that can rush the passer from the edge. When you watch the tape of Arizona State's defense he always stands out and is making plays all over the field, but his 47 tackles, 12 sacks, and 10 tackles for loss speak for themselves. He can also drop into coverage which the Falcons do a lot with their defensive ends. Here are some combine numbers that might impress you, 4.65 40 yard dash, 30 reps of 225, 30.5 inch vertical, and a 9-5 foot broad jump.

With the 59th pick the Atlanta Falcons select...

Jerrel Jernigan, WR Troy University
[Broken External Image]:

The Falcons need to add another playmaker to the offense. If Kyle Rudolph somehow falls this far they take him, but he will most likely be gone. Titus Young could be in the mix here though his off the field issues might scare the Falcons away. Jerrel Jernigan is someone who the Falcons have met with on numerous occasions. In fact Thomas Dimitroff, Mike Smith, and Mike Mularkey were all at Troy's pro day to watch Jernigan workout, so he is definitely high on the Falcons big board. Which is good, because Jernigan would add an offensive weapon that Matt Ryan definitely needs. Roddy White was carrying the passing game last year with Tony Gonzalez regressing and Harry Douglas not progressing. Michael Jenkins isn't going anywhere in the offense because the Falcons front office loves him as a role player. What Jernigan brings to the table is a WR who can stretch the field from the slot. He catches the ball well with his hands and can run after the catch. Matt Ryan will use him as a safety blanket to move the chains on 3rd down.

With the 91st pick the Atlanta Falcons select...

Jordan Cameron, TE University of Southern California
[Broken External Image]:

Tony Gonzalez has regressed in the past couple of seasons and is most likely entering his final year in the NFL. Jordan Cameron could be a great replacement for the Hall of Fame Tight End. Cameron much like Gonzalez has most of his roots in basketball and only recently started playing Tight End. This has worked out for the likes of Antonio Gates and the rival Saints have seemed to have scored taking a similar player in Jimmy Graham last year. Cameron could sit behind Gonzo for a year and learn from the best ever and be ready to step up in a big way in 2012.

With the 124th pick the Atlanta Falcons select...

Jordan Todman, RB Uconn
[Broken External Image]:

The Falcons have to pick up a change of pace back to limit Michael Turner's carries. Seriously, Turner is going to hit the wall way prematurely if the Falcons keep giving him 20+carries every game. Jordan Todman is one of the many talented backs that will be available between rounds 3-5. He can beat defenders around the edge, run between the tackles, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. He averaged over 5 yards a carry every year he played in a Uconn offense where he was the focal point.

With the 158th pick the Atlanta Falcons select...

Sione Fua, DT Stanford
[Broken External Image]:

The Falcons have shown a lot of interest in Nose Tackles that can play in a 4-3 and Fua is high on their list. He may not last this long as he has been rumored to be rising quickly up draft boards. Fua could help keep opposing runningbacks from getting that 4th and short.

It's starting to get late so I'll finish up tomorrow, only 6th round and three 7th round picks to go!

i'd like to see the falcons pick up another reciever opposite roddy white , i think they just need a few more offensive weapons to make it happen

i'd like to see the falcons pick up another reciever opposite roddy white , i think they just need a few more offensive weapons to make it happen

I agree completely, sadly the team seem smitten with Michael Jenkins who, while a very good blocker, doesn't have any explosion to make himself a very dangerous wideout.

With pick 192 the Atlanta Falcons select...

Vincent Brown, WR San Diego State
[Broken External Image]:

The Falcons could take two WRs in this draft and Brown could fall thanks to a slow 40 at the combine. Still, he has tremendous hands and can catch the ball in traffic easily. He could be a weapon on 3rd down in multiple WR sets.

With pick 210 the Atlanta Falcons select...

Chykie Brown, CB University of Texas
[Broken External Image]:

The Falcons need as many talented corners as possible. Especially with the league going to more and more spread formations.

With pick 229 the Atlanta Falcons select...

Mike Person, OT/G from Montana State
[Broken External Image]:

The Falcons will be looking for another offensive lineman hopefully late in this draft. I'm not a fan of many of the early prospects, but in the later rounds their is a lot of guys that I think can be solid players. Person is a mauler type that fits in with the Falcon's O-lineman.

With pick 230 the Atlanta Falcons select...

Mike Mohamed, LB University of California
[Broken External Image]:

The Atlanta Falcons have been looking at late round linebackers in the 2011 draft. They have met with Mike Mohamed on a couple of occasions, if he is there in the 7th they will most likely take him.

Back
Top Bottom