• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who would of thought!!! Hot Damn!!!!!

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
Technology has come so far it's mind blowing ,,which by the was is not far from me...During the snow my cloths washer of 21 years died, Microwave was already dead..Well I had propane installed to run the emergency generator for the house and made a decision..I am no longer in the gun purchases no money..I always wanted a gas stove and through research learned you can now buy one, that not only cooks also has an Air Fryer, Convection option and will steam clean..Oh also has a Griddle surface in the middle that comes off for cleaning...I decided what the hell, I will get one, the microwave arrived yesterday. Today the washer and stove arrived as well. Man I have been killing myself just cleaning all the crap behind the stove, what a mess..I am slap ass worn out..Stove has to wait till next week for the gas line to be run..I can't wait to start baking, first will be fresh bread and then wings..All three appliances were 21 years old. RiverBend RiverBend
stove.jpg

We got our first gas range a few months ago.

It was setup for natural gas, so we switched it over to propane.

The burners don't seem to have very much finesse in the flame height. For the most part, they are low or high and very little in between. I was told that propane doesn't adjust as well as natural gas.

The oven part seems to have a rather large temp swing. Set it at 350 and it will range in temp from around 200 to 425.... I know you're supposed to take the average of the swings, but still, that seems like a rather large swing.

Should I investigate further, or is this normal for a propane range/oven? Things eventually get cooked in the oven, but baking takes a lot longer to finish than recipes recommend.

Other than that, we love it.

The burners don't seem to have very much finesse in the flame height. For the most part, they are low or high and very little in between. I was told that propane doesn't adjust as well as natural gas.

The oven part seems to have a rather large temp swing. Set it at 350 and it will range in temp from around 200 to 425.... I know you're supposed to take the average of the swings, but still, that seems like a rather large swing.

Should I investigate further, or is this normal for a propane range/oven? Things eventually get cooked in the oven, but baking takes a lot longer to finish than recipes recommend.

If it was set up for natural gas and you are running propane it will never be correct. They are two different gasses with two different air fuel mixture needs and you have to be able to adjust. A good example is portable generators that can run on natural and propane. Propane is more energy dense than natural gas so it take less to produce the same amount of energy, but also needs a different mixture setting to run correctly or even at all.

did the propane people change the stove over to burn propane? you have to change the orifices, change or adjust the regulator, and then adjust the air vent to the burners to get the correct fuel/air mixture. If it is done correctly, the oven will be as accurate as an electric, and the stove eyes will have plenty of adjustment... from real low to singe your eyebrows high

Back
Top Bottom