• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whole house generator install

I've installed several of these for my customers that have used me for years and didn't want another electrician at their house but there are plenty of companies that specialize in gennys that should be able to give you a competitive quote.

I'm not certified thru generac but I am an licensed electrical contractor.

If you can't find someone you like, hit me up and I'll give you a quote.

I installed my own, twice. Once at my old house, in South Carolina, and once when we moved to Georgia. It was pretty easy, the instructions were complete and easy for someone with basic wiring skill.

We installed a whole house gen. when we built our new house. My contractor had Generac come out and do the install and the propane company came out and hooked up the tanks. Great investment. We bought a variable speed type generator. (Synergy maybe?). It only runs enough to meet the demand, not wide open all the time. I'm pretty sure it was a 21Kw unit. bought two 325 gallon tanks and manifolded them together with a shut off in between the two. That way I have at least one full tank of propane at all times if the power ever does go out. And it has, several times since we have been in the house.

I'm curious. How many days run time can you get out of a 325 gallon tank?

I've installed several of these for my customers that have used me for years and didn't want another electrician at their house but there are plenty of companies that specialize in gennys that should be able to give you a competitive quote.

I'm not certified thru generac but I am an licensed electrical contractor.

If you can't find someone you like, hit me up and I'll give you a quote.

Do you do commercial work?

I am buying a new home near Stone Mountain and thinking the same thing. I saw online a while back a whole home USP/surge protection unit with automatic transfer over to generator so that there really isn't even a brownout/dimming of the lights that switches over to the generator within a minute or two. That sounds like a great solution as we have some many surges and brownouts around here. I guess I need to contact someone about how much that type of system would cost.

Back
Top Bottom