• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who's done ATV trails in Colorado?

95gAtl

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
115   0
Reaction score
Picked up a Honda Pioneer yesterday, going to use at the hunt club for some narrow trails we have where the toyota or tahoe won't fit. Pigging backing that concept ------

As a kid/teenager, visited Colorado for several summers in a row w/my dad. Love it there. We explored some awesome things in a rental car.
Now it's time to do that with my son. Been wanting to for years, but my son was too young, however, he is 9 now and this is on my bucket list.
Apparently for $25 you can get an OffRoadSticker for colorado and take your SxS or 4 wheeler on these trails. Thousands of miles!!! Think it will be a blast and a half...!!!

1500 miles from here....blah, two day drive, and high elevations are still cold in May and beginning of June. May wait until July when it is miserable here in GA to venture out west.

Anyone else done this with Jeeps, 4x4's, SxS, 4 wheeler or dirt bike???
Please share............................

Wow.....got some immediate interest!!
Again, i'm thinking July b/c May/June there are still some high elevation roads closed from snow. Anyone interested in meeting there?

If you've never been to the Colorado mountains (not denver nonsense), it is simply amazing...!!!
Would live there in a heartbeat, minus the cold winters and influx of hippie nonsense.

I lived out there for 10 years and used to do a lot of day trips around the front range but no multi-day excursions. I would definitely shoot for July or August. Winter can run long and if it was a big snow year the higher elevations can still be covered into the summer months.

Do you plan on camping?

It is beautiful out there no doubt, just a shame were it has gone politically (and why we left 2 years ago). I do miss the trails, hiking, atv's etc. though.

Wow.....got some immediate interest!!
Again, i'm thinking July b/c May/June there are still some high elevation roads closed from snow. Anyone interested in meeting there?

If you've never been to the Colorado mountains (not denver nonsense), it is simply amazing...!!!
Would live there in a heartbeat, minus the cold winters and influx of hippie nonsense.
Wish I could , hope y'all have a great time

It's funny because I'm taking the family out to colorado for the first time in July. Never been before. We plan on doing some 4 wheeling and trail exploring. I'm stoked.

Back
Top Bottom