• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WHO'S LISTENING TO YOUR CONVERSATION?

DO YOU BELIEVE OUR CONVERSATIONS ARE MONITORED THROUGH OUR SMART PHONES?

• Total voters

JC76

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
21   0
Reaction score
Does anyone else believe that social media sites are listening to your conversations through your phone?

Check this out. Yesterday, I had a conversation (verbally) about a friend of mine that is going this weekend to play a famous golf course in Florida. This morning, I get a notice on FB showing the weather in "said city", Florida saying to "stay dry today in "Blank city".

Now I never typed or texted that city name. Only verbally said it in conversation. How/Why in the world did that pop up on my feed today? I have never been there, never even talked about this city.

Say what you will but that is scary folks. Big Brother if you ask me.

Anybody else have a similar experience?

Does anyone else believe that social media sites are listening to your conversations through your phone?
All the time
Check this out. Yesterday, I had a conversation (verbally) about a friend of mine that is going this weekend to play a famous golf course in Florida. This morning, I get a notice on FB showing the weather in "said city", Florida saying to "stay dry today in "Blank city".

Now I never typed or texted that city name. Only verbally said it in conversation. How/Why in the world did that pop up on my feed today? I have never been there, never even talked about this city.

Say what you will but that is scary folks. Big Brother if you ask me.

Anybody else have a similar experience?

Its happening often, and a weird one from yesterday- I had texted my GF and put the phone in my pocket. A few minutes later I pull it out and had started a butt text and it auto-suggested the word "zubaydah", so I thought it was gibberish and sent it to my GF saying "my butt just typed this- I googled it and it's the name of the first CIA detainee in Guantanamo bay. WTF?!"

so I checked again, and zubaydah came up when I type "zu". It's the first suggested word, over zucchini. I'm much more likely to type something about zucchinis! So now my phone has terrorist words on it, and I also know that this very post is being associated with me, so for the sake of saying it here- ATF/NFA/CIA/FBI stay the heck off of my phone and pizz off!!

Back
Top Bottom