• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who's our Dillon 650 expert?

eldrima

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
71   0
Reaction score
Help a brother out! I'm all out of reloads, shot through my pre-pandemic stockpile of factory loads, and in shock that ammo is still so daggum expensive. I've got a Dillon 650 collecting dust and plenty of components to batch out a new supply of ammo. I could use someone's help getting my 650 put back together and dialed in for 9MM.

I haven't batched up rounds on my 650 since Obama created the previous spike in ammo prices and now that I'm out of ammo, I remember why. Last time I used my press it didn't want to index forward...wasn't a big problem but a temporary pause in production led to me to stop making any more. Now that I'm settled into a new home and out of ammo, I decided to get it up and running. I was able to free it up so that it indexes when you pull the handle but I could really use some help getting the shell plate and everything put back together and dialed in to batch up some more 9MM so I can get back to shooting again.

I'm in Woodstock and will gladly travel to you or meet up somewhere public. I've got it mounted on a 3/4" plywood base so easily portable. I'm trying to avoid the hassle and expense of finding a box and sending it off to Dillon to get dialed back in. I appreciate any help anyone can offer!

Help a brother out! I'm all out of reloads, shot through my pre-pandemic stockpile of factory loads, and in shock that ammo is still so daggum expensive. I've got a Dillon 650 collecting dust and plenty of components to batch out a new supply of ammo. I could use someone's help getting my 650 put back together and dialed in for 9MM.

I haven't batched up rounds on my 650 since Obama created the previous spike in ammo prices and now that I'm out of ammo, I remember why. Last time I used my press it didn't want to index forward...wasn't a big problem but a temporary pause in production led to me to stop making any more. Now that I'm settled into a new home and out of ammo, I decided to get it up and running. I was able to free it up so that it indexes when you pull the handle but I could really use some help getting the shell plate and everything put back together and dialed in to batch up some more 9MM so I can get back to shooting again.

I'm in Woodstock and will gladly travel to you or meet up somewhere public. I've got it mounted on a 3/4" plywood base so easily portable. I'm trying to avoid the hassle and expense of finding a box and sending it off to Dillon to get dialed back in. I appreciate any help anyone can offer!try youtube plenty of dillon videos and dillon web site should have vidw

I'm in Woodstock and will gladly travel to you or meet up somewhere public. I've got it mounted on a 3/4" plywood base so easily portable. I'm trying to avoid the hassle and expense of finding a box and sending it off to Dillon to get dialed back in. I appreciate any help anyone can offer!
should be plenty of videos on youtube and on the dillon web site. should be similar to the 550

It could be something as simple as your index return spring (22 on the diagram) or your ring indexer (20). Can you post a video concentrating on the bottom of the platform?

Attachments

• 650.jpg
    650.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 2
  • 650 big.jpg
    650 big.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom