• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who's ready for turkey season?

I've never been, hopefully going this year, I've gotten pretty decent at calling. Well atleast my mother in law's turkeys respond to it.
Careful once you go and start talking to them and your blood starts pumping you will be addicted. I still love deer hunting but it's nowhere near as exciting as turkey hunting.

Careful once you go and start talking to them and your blood starts pumping you will be addicted. I still love deer hunting but it's nowhere near as exciting as turkey hunting.
that's what I've heard. I haven't really had an interest in going until I saw a couple big Toms this past deer season. My cousin's hunting property is covered up in turkeys, they don't turkey hunt and barely even deer hunt it but when I asked if I could come turkey hunt it they said "no, we like looking at our turkeys not killing them"

Going out this year, have t been a few years and have never got one. They roost about 50 yards behind my house so hopefully I will get one.

I'm in. Found me a sweet homemade black walnut box call at an antique store for 5.00. It definitely sounds better than all the mass produced calls that you find in the stores. I can't wait to try it out in the woods. Oh yea, to all the beginners out there...Please don't go scouting and call to the birds before the season starts. Good luck to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom