• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who's running Acogs?? Any trijicon experts

IMG_7603.JPG
I have probably the worst astigmatism in this chat and my old acog worked like a charm

I used an ACOG for 8 years in the Military, TA 31 RCO, use tape on the fiber optic to control day time reticle brightness. The BDC is close enough for combat use out to 600m. 4x magnification is adequate as well.

This is a combat optic...I bought mine when they 1st came out because I hated the Aimpoint(never held a zero). Served me well, when I got out I put it on an AR for hunting...hated it. Sold it, never regretted it.

Like I said, its a combat optic, if you're getting one to fill that type of role...its the best out there.
Why don’t you like it for hunting ?

FOV is perfectly and beautifully crystal clear but reticle is blurry. I'm able to focus on the reticle and it becomes clear but then FOV becomes blurry... so I must pick a non-moving target and quickly focus back and forth to hit the bull's eye :thumb:

Considering switching out to shotguns, open sights and buckshot
Thanks for sharing. I'm learning late, but learning none the less.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I've found the opposite. Red dots blur like crazy but ACOGs are crystal clear.

Agreed! I love my acogs and enjoy shooting with them. I run a ta-01 I believe that's the number and it feels my shooting paper out to 200 yards almost (old eyes need more than 4x power). I have the trijicon acog model ta-31 with the donut ret.

Why don’t you like it for hunting ?[/QUOT

Probably due to my military training and engagement techniques...POA/POI with the chevron reticle differs from 50m-300m. I got used to using it as a combat optic and found it hard for my brain to retrain for precision hunting use, "heat of the moment" type thing. Just gave it up for a crosshair style BDC.

If it is zeroed correctly at 100m, then shots between 150m-250m have no exact reference point. Not exactly great for hunting, good for combat though.

Back
Top Bottom