• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who's the greatest, unknown guitar player?

freedom

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
This isn't the place to talk about David Gilmore, Malsteem, or even Buckethead. This is for the truly great ones that hardly ever get mentioned.

Danny Gatton, killed himself in 1993(I think), was an awesome talent and never really got well known beyond the guitar groupies. He was a great blues, rock and jazz player but he had to be the best rockabilly guitarist ever.

[video=youtube_share;7PCE1-zTssU]http://youtu.be/7PCE1-zTssU[/video]

Reactions: MRH
Derek trucks, nephew of allman bros drummer butch trucks, grew up watching Duane allman an other like players, check out Derek trucks an warren Haynes on youtube! Arguably one of the greatest guitar/slide guitar players for blues rock alternative ever born (my opinion) oh yea joe bonamassa is a great unappreciated guitarist too

Derek trucks, nephew of allman bros drummer butch trucks, grew up watching Duane allman an other like players, check out Derek trucks an warren Haynes on youtube! Arguably one of the greatest guitar/slide guitar players for blues rock alternative ever born (my opinion) oh yea joe bonamassa is a great unappreciated guitarist too

absolutely one of the best. I saw Derek about 6 or 7 years back when he played with Eric Clapton. The kid could absolutely hold his own on stage with Clapton. I think Eric even enjoyed watching him as he gave him the lead most of the show.

Back
Top Bottom