• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whose been scoped?

Got a vert line on my forehead of scope bite. 308 bolt gun did the deed. Buddy has a mark from a 50BMG that bit him from 8" away. Worse one is buddy of mine. We were shooting a muzzle loader with 100 gr of pellets and power belts. He wanted to try it and we put 150gr of pellets and a high pressure sabot instead. He crowded the scope and left skin inside the eye piece and blood running down his face. He shoots a 300WM, so thought he would know better. We thought it was sorta funny as he was an a-hole; but couldn't tell him what we had done. Needless to say he won't shoot a muzzle loader.

This shooting range in the Middle East has an elephant rifle as a rental gun that they really ought to scope because I bet most of these guys aren't hitting the bull's-eye with the iron sights provided.

300 win mag got me just under the eye in my early teens. First time I'd ever shot a magnum centerfire rifle and I didn't have a very grip on it. Still got the scar from it.

My asshole of a step-father thought it would be funny to let me shoot his 30-06 at deer camp. I was 13 and had never fired anything larger than .22LR.

No training or instructions given. Black eye and a scar I wear to this day. One of the reasons for my pathological hatred of most 'Stupid people with guns' videos and memes - Very rarely the fault of the shooter. Almost always a lack of training or proper instruction. Then some idiot posts it on FB or YT for Likes.

My asshole of a step-father thought it would be funny to let me shoot his 30-06 at deer camp. I was 13 and had never fired anything larger than .22LR.

No training or instructions given. Black eye and a scar I wear to this day. One of the reasons for my pathological hatred of most 'Stupid people with guns' videos and memes - Very rarely the fault of the shooter. Almost always a lack of training or proper instruction. Then some idiot posts it on FB or YT for Likes.
Lol that’s funny

Jane on "Alaska the Last Frontier" show, if you watch that. Husband was teaching her how to shoot a 30/30 for the first time and she got popped REAL GOOD on the left eye. She thought she was dyin'...

Back
Top Bottom