• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whut perzactly wuz tha plan?

I can't figure out what went wrong with the first tree.
The front cuts (v-notch) look like it was facing the correct direction.
He made a back cut also in the correct direction it looks like.
Then he was hammering wedges in his back cut to make the tree fall forward on its hinge towards the wide opening that he made earlier.
What's wrong with that?
Perhaps his "back cut" was too low??

But aside from the tree falling backwards instead of falling forward it also seems that it did not pivot on the hinge... it went 30° to the viewers right in this video, more then I would've expected had it gone backwards.

Back leaners are a problem and they always lean toward something you want...a big come-a-long some cable and a good plan can help

In the first incident here, the wind was also blowing the opposite direction that he wanted this tree to fall. Although it doesn't like the tree fell straight downwind either.
It fell at an angle, maybe 30° off from perfectly downwind.

Back cuts don't always work out, as I found out. Sometimes the tree splits in half on the way down... and the other half you weren't counting on has a mind of its own... :shocked: :doh: I'm just grateful it didn't barber chair on me, like it did for this guy:

Back cuts don't always work out, as I found out. Sometimes the tree splits in half on the way down... and the other half you weren't counting on has a mind of its own... :shocked: :doh: I'm just grateful it didn't barber chair on me, like it did for this guy:

Pucker factor = 10,000

Back
Top Bottom