Rivershot

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
31   0
Reaction score
Taken from the macon telegragh.

http://www.macon.com/2011/02/23/1460953/this-is-viewpoints-for-wednesday.html

What do we need?

Since when is “need” the deciding factor when a member of a free society chooses to purchase and own something? Some are of the opinion that nobody needs a high-capacity pistol magazine -- one that can hold more than 10 rounds. Why? And why 10? Do we need a TV in every room? Should we be banned from having more than 10 TVs even if we have more than 10 available rooms? Do we need a boat, and if so, do we need a boat larger than 10 feet? Should we ban boats larger than 10 feet because a boat larger than 10 feet must have been involved in a fatality at some point? Do we need a car that can travel above the speed limit? Should we lower the speed limit or enforce the speed limit? More people have been killed by speeding cars than shot by guns with high-capacity magazines.

When will legislators get serious about their attempts to reduce crime and violence and look into logical ways of keeping the people safe? Why do they overlook the acts of the perpetrator and blame the inanimate object used in the act? I think it’s simple feel-good legislation, spewing emotion-grabbing nonsense, all the while containing no substance.

-- Glenn S. Gibble

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/02/23/1460953/this-is-viewpoints-for-wednesday.html#ixzz1EmfEMiuZ

Give 'em an inch, and they'll take a mile... If we concede the argument for a 10 round limit, next it will be 5, then 1...

The EMOTIONAL response you mentioned is right on the money. Facts and logic rarely if ever intersect with emotion and most lefties operate purely on emotion. They never look past their pointy little noses, have no moral base and take everything from an emotional point of view, and there is always some limp wristed goof ball politician who was probably picked on in school and looking to "get even" ready to play it up to grab and keep more power for the "elite" AKA: braindead idiots.

I've wondered the same thing. I work with a bunch of folks that think like that. You know the type. They drive around in a BMW with the top down and all the windows up and wear long sleeve shirts all year long. I'll ask a few of them Thursday and see if I can get an answer. I bought a G23 in the Clinton years and it came with 10 round mags. I think they still have a couple of states that has the 10 round mag limit. You can't make any sense out of it. They're the same folks that think the "speed checked by detection devises" signs are working too.

Back
Top Bottom