• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why all the hate for the .40S&W

(M)

Default rank <3500 posts
100% Chuck Norris approved
104   0
Reaction score
I do not personally own anything in .40 but I have a friend who swears by this caliber. I'm more of a .45 guy myself and we go back and forth all the time but it's more like a Chevy vs ford argument than facts vs facts. I see a lot of trade offers that state no 40 caliber. Is there a real reason or is it like how Chevy's are way better than ford's?

Funny how in 2002 everyone and their mama only carried 40 Cal and 9mm was frowned upon... especially in the LEO community, it was either .40 or 45acp and lots of guys I personally know were PISSED when they swapped over to 9mm.

Water under the bridge now as most of them are now 9mm Converts... :der:

I've learned to like 40. You can usually get a 40 to 9 conversion barrel and its always easy to find 40 ammo. Shooting guns like the M&P40 really calm the 40 "snap" because it was designed around the 40. Guns that originally were designed as a 9mm then converted over will snap more. It's still a good compromise between capacity and "firepower/stopping power". All calibers are fun to shoot to be honest.

I love .40 cal and that's the only pistols I own. I have used it for several years as the dept issued service weapon and got used to it. I like the fact that the bullet is bigger then the 9mm but has the carrying ability of several more rounds then the .45 cal. Just personal preference and I'm always in the market to pick up more used G22, 35, 27, 23, or 24's.

I own 9mm, .40 and .45.
I have always liked .40 and have probably owned more .40's than any other caliber.
And of course, I own one now. My G22 has been a good carry gun. Very accurate, and 15+1 of 165gr or 180 gr HP's ain't no joke.

Funny how in 2002 everyone and their mama only carried 40 Cal and 9mm was frowned upon... especially in the LEO community, it was either .40 or 45acp and lots of guys I personally know were PISSED when they swapped over to 9mm.

Water under the bridge now as most of them are now 9mm Converts... :der:
hi I'm Sam and I'm a 9mm convert. My duty weapon and a couple personal guns are .40 but I was slightly mad when they took my issued 9mm and issued us all .40. I tried explaining to the big brass why 9mm was more superior but it went in one ear and out the other because they were getting the .40 m&p cheaper than the 9mm version. I can shoot it and will trust it with my life but like I said I prefer 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom