• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why all the hate for the .40S&W

Also, I think people don't like 40 or (fo-tay) is because of trade value alone... the perceived value of the weapon means more than the actual performance of the weapon because they are always looking to trade (nothing wrong with that but that's just how I see it). Truth be told, there are some smooth shooting "fo-tays" out there. I will also say that 40 is much better in larger pistols than smaller. I have no interest in single stack, sub-compact 40s. Those are no fun to shoot. Double stack "G23-ish" sized guns tend to handle the round just fine.

Funny how in 2002 everyone and their mama only carried 40 Cal and 9mm was frowned upon... especially in the LEO community, it was either .40 or 45acp and lots of guys I personally know were PISSED when they swapped over to 9mm.

Water under the bridge now as most of them are now 9mm Converts... :der:
Cost reduction...

I have a couple of everything from 32 to 45, I like them all. Your correct on follow up shots 40 jumps more than most. I normally carry a makarov, I think it jumps more than a 40, go figure. Dislikes, I think glock started the problems with it first generation of unsupported chambers, more than normal KBs. Just a thought though.
If you look back the 40 s/w was a cut down version from the 10mm,(I think it was the female force in the FBI that complained).

I think it all falls back to chevy, ford or dodge, which one is for you? Or 1/2 ton or 3/4?
I drive a GMC, go figure!

Honestly... I love 40.

Not the actual round mind you.... that's fat, wasteful and snappy.

But all those cheap guns chambered for it that I can easily convert to a more useful caliber like 357 SIG make me very happy it's still limping along.

Also, I think people don't like 40 or (fo-tay) is because of trade value alone... the perceived value of the weapon means more than the actual performance of the weapon because they are always looking to trade (nothing wrong with that but that's just how I see it). Truth be told, there are some smooth shooting "fo-tays" out there. I will also say that 40 is much better in larger pistols than smaller. I have no interest in single stack, sub-compact 40s. Those are no fun to shoot. Double stack "G23-ish" sized guns tend to handle the round just fine.
I agree. It's hard to find anyone who'll even trade a 40 for a 40. My edc is the smallest 40 that I've ever owned and the easiest to conceal. It's not much fun to take to the range but it has never failed to fire and if the situation occurs where I need it, I don't think I'll even notice the snap.

IMG_20170601_143255.jpg
I LOVE these 'forties'!

I have guns in multiple calibers including 40. I like them all. The 40 is a good round and my truck/nightstand gun is a G22. Whenever I go shooting I take it with me and run a couple boxes of ammo including a mag or 2 of self defense rounds. I think it is a matter of getting enough pratice and being confident shooting it.

Back
Top Bottom