• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why all the hate for the .40S&W

I let my cousin shoot a handgun for the first time a couple months back. We were shooting my G22, and then I put in the 9mm conversion barrel and we shot some of those as well. After burning through a few mags SHE decided she liked .40 better...And her friend, also a younger female, carries a M&P 40 everyday. She doesn't like 9mm, so she said. LOL

Some women just need the TEN!!!!!!!!

Reactions: MRH
When I didn't want to pay for 10mm, I would shoot 40 out of my G29. The weight and stoutness of the 29 made shooting 40 a breeze. It was far superior to my G23 for handling the recoil of 40. And I have heard all of the naysayers opinions about "why you shouldn't shoot 40 out of 10mm barrel". I have shot enough 40 out of a G20 and G29 that I say hogwash. I never had a single issue with it. The Glock extractor holds the case without any problem.

Reactions: (M)
it's a fad. Shooters are just older Beiber fans, whatever the Bieb's is wearing is hot.

I remember when Colt 1911 fanboys predicated that SA/DA semi-autos would be the end of civilization as we know it, then God frbid, striker fired guns (and plastic at that) hit the market.

I've said it on here before and I'll say it again ... during the Newtown BS, there was not a round of 9mm or .22 to be found. Know what you could find without a problem however? .40 S&W. No jacked up prices either.

And that's why I have a few guns in that caliber. The ammunition is easy to obtain and the dude breaking in your house isn't going to care any less that you shot him with a .40 instead of a 9/45/whatever. On the same note, because nobody wants the things for whatever reason, the guns tend to be cheaper than their other caliber siblings. Compare the price of a .40 Glock to one in 9mm. Exactly. They both go bang.

'Cause it's the only caliber my 4040PD comes in..........
ac2cdc39ce34fab12cd8a80796b2a5dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I like 40 and I like 9mm That being said the 40 kicks a little more but I think it's worth it. The reason everyone went away from 9 in the first place was because politicians weren't buying the right ammo for the cops. No handgun round is going to do the job if it doesn't expand in the target. Nowadays you almost can't find 9 mm that won't expand reliably so we can back to worrying about recoil.

Back
Top Bottom