• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why are AR15s better than AK47s?

The bullet still punches fatal holes at long range and they have plenty of time to die when they're that far out. In close the expansion of the bullet works just fine. It's only when the bullets are NATO approved FMJ that there's a problem.
I absolutely agree. But still it's a compromise for a long range rifle. A huge compromise when compared to the 308.

As is the 308 in comparison to the 338. So?
So don't use a carbine to do a rifles job, use a rifle. If you're using your carbine to engage people hundreds of yards away your making a dangerous bet that they haven't brought a high powered rifle to the fight and are going to take you out. Especially after you reveal your position with your little pea shooter. No thanks, I'll use my weapons for their intended purpose. No scopes and bi-pods on my carbines.

So don't use a carbine to do a rifles job, use a rifle. If you're using your carbine to engage people hundreds of yards away your making a dangerous bet that they haven't brought a high powered rifle to the fight and are going to take you out. Especially after you reveal your position with your little pea shooter. No thanks, I'll use my weapons for their intended purpose. No scopes and bi-pods on my carbines.
Or...turn it around and you discover that I would have the ability to effectively return fire if engaged by a long range rifle. I'm sure a hit from my pea shooter would discourage that. On the other hand, you would simply be pinned down until they eventually got you.

Hope you have fun humping that AK and Bolt gun all over when the SHTF.

BTW, It's not big:
My AR = 9.9lb (with optic)
Average AK = 9.5lb (without optic)

And 0.5 MOA is not a compromise for a precision rifle in any way.

So, no compromise. The best of both worlds.

But it is hideous looking. I like to think it's so ugly, it's cute.

Holy crap your toting a 10lb AR?
Just weighed my AK loaded 8.3lbs

Let's start a discussion on weight to effectiveness. You sir are loosing in both.

I'm a big boy. Not a problem. But you're right, AKs are a better fit for the girly men.

But earlier in this long ass thread you said the weight of an AK would hold you back from ever wanting to carry one. Little did we know you have an AR with an attached fax machine and expresso maker and an ak muzzle brake tipping the scale at 10 pounds.

With that AR do you carry a roll of quarters to call in the men with AKs to save your life?

But earlier in this long ass thread you said the weight of an AK would hold you back from ever wanting to carry one. Little did we know you have an AR with an attached fax machine and expresso maker and an ak muzzle brake tipping the scale at 10 pounds.
You got the wrong guy.

Back
Top Bottom