• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

why buy a reloading manual?

Just curious, everybody says get two or three of them but with recipes readily available online for almost everything, are they still needed? Something I am missing?

Thanks for the help guys!
Caleb

As long as you are looking at manufacturer info online, you are fine. However, I found reading the Lee manual, not just the load data, very informative and helpful.

I can look at load data from several books in less time than searching online. However, I do look online from time to time but mostly stick with the books.

I bought a Lyman manual, but I never even use it. I always go to the manufacturer's website for load data. I've actually seen a typo or two in the manual, but luckily I knew they were typos. Typos on the sites can be corrected immediately when caught.

bottom line is that you can never have too much data when you are reloading.

books( I have some from 1960s) to the current online data.

"recipes readily available online"

This, if they are from either powder or projectile manufacturer, is going to be the latest information available. Thing is, as others have pointed out, for a new reloader, the information included in the opening chapters of a reloading manual is invaluable.

Also, youtube.com is a good resource, not for recipes, but for information on individual pieces of equipment & their uses, operation, etc.

Last edited:
Lots of good information at your finger tips. I am sure you can find the same info online if you want to search hard enough. I have several. It is good to compare information between them.

Back
Top Bottom