• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why, ''Call or text me, I want it''?

This selling/buying thing is so simple. Be a man, handle your business however it takes to make the transaction, but handle details and specifics in PM's. Example:

PM: Per our conversation today we will meet at Cobb Civic Center at 5pm on 1/15/17, and I will purchase the Rem model 700 .243 in excellent condition with no blemishes for $550.00. Please confirm this message.

In b4 pasturizing
ed in
I have to move on if it's a "text me" kind of trader. Most I've dealt with here before that asked me and I'd say, "Sure, no problem." Let's agree to do the first trade via PMs and maybe after that we'll text.
If I know them, not a problem but the last two times I trusted in texting and calls I was stood up and was unable to neg. for lack of pm history. Most guys on here are honest and will give an interested party first dibbs on an item, in the order they receive offers. Newbs think calling and texting gets them to the front of the line. Just my thought, I'm an old guy with a flip phone set in my ways.

We have a form here that allows us to take care of our trades, have history and mods. to oversee. Helps keeping transaction and conversation honest, on the up and up, on the level. STOP pming me and asking me to text or call you, if you are interested in what I have. We take care of business here, then when meet and time is agreed to we exchange numbers.

I'm :censored:done.

Mostly Newbies, but I have some veterans want to play "phone tag" also.

The only thing that separates this site from the rest, "CL, GON, Armslist, Facebook" is the PMs and the feedback system.

I've done several deals through the mail, and never spoke to the other party. PMs all the way.
I did have a couple of members that I met later doing a second deal.

ed in

If I know them, not a problem but the last two times I trusted in texting and calls I was stood up and was unable to neg. for lack of pm history. Most guys on here are honest and will give an interested party first dibbs on an item, in the order they receive offers. Newbs think calling and texting gets them to the front of the line. Just my thought, I'm an old guy with a flip phone set in my ways.

If I don't know the other person or haven't traded with them previously my key doesn't go into the ignition without a meeting time and place set via PM.

If I don't know the other person or haven't traded with them previously my key doesn't go into the ignition without a meeting time and place set via PM.

Regardless, I'm talking to the other member before I drive. There are circumstances that would justify having to postpone a meet. There's no need in someone making a dry run, and the other member getting Neg. FB, just due to a lack of communication.

Regardless, I'm talking to the other member before I drive. There are circumstances that would justify having to postpone a meet. There's no need in someone making a dry run, and the other member getting Neg. FB, just due to a lack of communication.

Yep, I'm a firm believer in the before meet phone call, **** happens.

We have a form here that allows us to take care of our trades, have history and mods. to oversee. Helps keeping transaction and conversation honest, on the up and up, on the level. STOP pming me and asking me to text or call you, if you are interested in what I have. We take care of business here, then when meet and time is agreed to we exchange numbers.

I'm :censored:done.
I agree and well stated on your part.

Back
Top Bottom