• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why Ditch the LPVO with Offset Red Dot on your RECCE SPR & GPR

Yep, I stand corrected.
Still can't really consider it a mid range scope when the top end is 10x now that LPVOs get there. Need the top end at 12-15x.
I would agree but also I think that depends on the rifle it sits on. 10x is plenty for 5.56 but would fall short on a 308 for sure. Also, I wanted to simply have parallax adjustment and FFP to increase first-round hit and accuracy out at say 600 and so far it has done that but testing has been limited so that could change. Parallax can really jack with an LPVO when you are shooting at 600 and it is fixed at 250. A lot of it comes down to preference and options the shooter likes. I'm huge on not throwing the baby out with the bath water and the shooting world does that a lot haha.

My 1x10 with offset works well for me on an AR. A 1x10 ffp exceeds the needs of 5.56 imo. The red dot sitting so high was never very comfortable for me. If I was using an AR10 I think I would prefer a different set up. On my AR a ffp 1x10 and offset dot is the cats meow for me. Love it.

I tried to like scopes on ARs and I just couldn’t do it. I was always at the wrong magnification and it made a lightweight rifle cumbersome.

Went ACOG with offset RDS and I love it. Was drilling a man sized target at 400y this past weekend with M855 so the 4x magnification is plenty for me.

same as just about every product we use. Even if some glass is made in the phillipines or Japan, its highly likely the LED emitters for illumination and many other small parts are sourced from china.

Its just the reality of living in a post industrial nation
Uh huhu

Back
Top Bottom