• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WHY DO I EVEN LOOK?

in general people are not knowledgeable about the valuation of guns. I have bought several guns on here and I enjoyed almost every purchase. I found two terrific deals last week.
Most terrrific deals on here are a timing issue. It gets posted below market value and the first to see it gets it.
Then there are deals like the GP100 that I bought last week.
It seemed too cheap to be true. Guy dropped advertised price to 400. There was a little visible wear on the cylinder but it is impossible to wear out a GP.
I bought it and it did not feel loose like it had any wear.
Got it home and did a complete tear down and it is like new. Cylinder face shows no residue or wear. It could not have been fired more than 100 rounds.
The cylinder wear must have come from being in a glove box or something similar.
It is not holster wear.
I put a set of night sights and an 8 pound trigger return spring. 1000 grit polish on fire control surfaces and it is as smooth as most smiths. I like the early cylinder lock on Rutgers compared to smiths.
This is my new favorite handgun. Next step is to get the underlug milled to improve the balance.

The point of my story is that there are great deals and great people on here but you have to sift through the bad deals and bad people. I choose to not give the bad deals or the bad people a second thought.

For me this is the greatest site on the internet. If I could only have access to one site the rest of my life it would be this site.

Same thing is happening everywhere at the moment even my lgs, especially in the AR market because people don't want to lose money they are pricing stuff higher than new because they bought in a bad market, if they really want it to sell then they will realize they are gonna have to take a hit on it

Back
Top Bottom