• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do members hide their activity on the ODT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First real answer that wasn’t some kind of joke. I have 3-5 devises loged in at any one time, 24-7.
I don’t want people thinking I don’t respond or ignoring anyone.

If they sent you a PM at 9:00 today and you posted at 9:30 you would be more than "logged in", so there's that.

First real answer that wasn’t some kind of joke. I have 3-5 devises loged in at any one time, 24-7.
I don’t want people thinking I don’t respond or ignoring anyone.
Don’t even lie. You’re not a bit worried about us.

You’ve got all that stuff logged on because you don’t want to miss any new pics of Tricky Vicky that get posted.

That ain't all, that's just a small sample from the most recent. I've got nearly 200 members who are stupid, lameass, inconsiderate, rude, lying bastards on IGNORE.

I might have to put up with their lameass **** once, but never again.

SMH,,, Damn, he has me on ignore. I wonder which he considers me to be. Am I stupid, a lameass, inconsiderate, rude or a lying bastard? Who knows?

You are correct, but answering PMs should be the first order of business whenever someone logs onto the ODT.

About half the lameasses I have on Ignore are there because they can't seem to reply to PMs, some of those they initiated.
It gets even better when they lie about it.
I had an asshat claim the reason he didn't reply was because his Uncle was in the hospital, but he did have time to log onto the site and browse around.
Had another asshat that "left his phone at home", I guess it was his wife that was logged on twice that night (about midnight and 2am) looking for love, in all the wrong places. lol

I guess it's the rude lameass lying millinias that has become the norm and accepted by so many.

And crap like this is exactly why one would want to hide their active status.

Maybe I just signed in to get a phone number for a trade I had agreed to but didnt have time to respond. Perhaps i just clicked the wrong tab. Sometimes just want to think about an offer and research an item or member before I reply. Many times an offer isn't quite what I'm after but it tempts me so I ponder it over while waiting to see if what I am after pops up.

Until I agree to a deal I owe you nothing including a timely response and what I do before we have a deal is nobody's business but my own.

Maybe I just signed in to get a phone number for a trade I had agreed to but didnt have time to respond. Perhaps i just clicked the wrong tab. Sometimes just want to think about an offer and research an item or member before I reply. Many times an offer isn't quite what I'm offer but it tempts me so I ponder it over while waiting to see if what I am after pops up.

Until I agree to a deal I owe you nothing including a timely response and what I do before we have a deal is nobody's business but my own.

giphy.gif

Maybe I just signed in to get a phone number for a trade I had agreed to but didnt have time to respond. Perhaps i just clicked the wrong tab. Sometimes just want to think about an offer and research an item or member before I reply. Many times an offer isn't quite what I'm offer but it tempts me so I ponder it over while waiting to see if what I am after pops up.

THIS - Absolutely why I do it. I logged in once while waiting on a guy at Quiktrip for a deal so I could get his number and he was running late. On literally 30 seconds and then later I get a "hate PM" from somebody fussing about "I PMed you an hour ago and you haven't responded AND I know you were online 30 minutes ago". Ain't nobody's business unless as NWSharpshooter NWSharpshooter said, we have a deal arranged and pending.

Then you would be the first ti be pissing and moaning about how you were working on a deal and they sold it out form under you before you could reply.:Cry:

I don't recon anybody owes you anything either. :noidea:

It's called common courtesy, but it seems that it isn't all that common on this site.

At midnight, while your Uncle was in the hospital? You had time to make one deal, just not the second one.:lol:

People that are good with excuses are seldom good for anything else.:faint:

How can some people be so ignorant. It ain't about just logging on, it's about some inconsiderate asshat touring around the site without replying to their pms.:crazy:

It's all good. It's obvious that you haven't blown me off by not answering my PMs, because I can still see your post. lol:behindsofa:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom