• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do people expect delivery of items ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also agree it's reasonable to drive a reasonable distance. Farther for a good deal. I'll driven to Macon before to meet someone. If I run something for a good price, I put on my ad that I'm not willing to drive much. On the other hand, if it's something for good money, I'm always willing to meet atleast half way. If we are trading items, I'll offer ti drive atleast half way or more. In my mind, the time and gas have to be worth it to both parties to do business. If I want to be rid of something, I'll bring it to you.

I'll also add, if you deal with good people you can work it out in a way that works for everybody. I think we all understand that we gave family lives and work schedules to work around. The key is open minded communication. I sold a rifle last year to a gentleman and it took us almost a month to get it worked out for a meet. Our schedules just didn't mesh, but we kept the texts flowing back and forth and met up and were both happy. I have something bought right now that its pending meet in a month. The seller sent good pics and was very strait forward and I'm certain when we meet I'll not even have to look it over. Point being, the meet is the cherry on the deal. Happy trading.

I'll also add, if you deal with good people you can work it out in a way that works for everybody. I think we all understand that we gave family lives and work schedules to work around. The key is open minded communication. I sold a rifle last year to a gentleman and it took us almost a month to get it worked out for a meet. Our schedules just didn't mesh, but we kept the texts flowing back and forth and met up and were both happy. I have something bought right now that its pending meet in a month. The seller sent good pics and was very strait forward and I'm certain when we meet I'll not even have to look it over. Point being, the meet is the cherry on the deal. Happy trading.
heck me and 3 clicks off waiting to get together on a deal made in November,he's good people and we aint worried.

heck me and 3 clicks off waiting to get together on a deal made in November,he's good people and we aint worried.
I hear that if I was dealing with some of the regulars with good feed back or people I’ve dealt with before , those are deals I don’t even worry about . Unfortunately it’s all the others .

I'll give you a couple of bucks break on gas, depending on how far you have to drive, but if you want it bad enough you'll come and get it.
Here’s the thing I’ll knock 25.00 off gas to drive another 20 miles . I don’t mind , but sometimes it’s not enough . Oh well can’t please everybody

Reactions: Nat
Exactly this. Posted a 9mm Glock last week at $300 and it was like sharks smelling blood in the water. Lots of lowballs at $250 and less and almost always accompanied by an expectation of delivery or if they drive to me even more off the price. It's like some folks see a great deal and figure the seller must be desparate.
they think they are negotiating...they have no clue how to research a value nor what the actual value might be...they figure no matter how good the number is their number sounds better to them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom