• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do people expect delivery of items ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
they think they are negotiating...they have no clue how to research a value nor what the actual value might be...they figure no matter how good the number is their number sounds better to them..

Exactly! Learned my lesson. I relisted at $400 so when somebody sends me their "best offer" I have some chance of getting what I need out of it.

Usually this stuff doesn't bother me but this time it did. In my tenure on ODT I have 3 times listed Glocks for great prices and everytime it was Neckbeard Paradise. I swear I think youre better off listing crazy high and taking a low ball on it.

If the item is too far away I usually wipe a tear away and look some more...haven't see a good enough deal lately to warrant driving 4hrs round trip

Exactly! Learned my lesson. I relisted at $400 so when somebody sends me their "best offer" I have some chance of getting what I need out of it.

Usually this stuff doesn't bother me but this time it did. In my tenure on ODT I have 3 times listed Glocks for great prices and everytime it was Neckbeard Paradise. I swear I think youre better off listing crazy high and taking a low ball on it.

You mean Chick-Fil-A 12 piece nuggets with Chick-Fil-A Sauce....!

Just recently listed here and a guy low balled me for about half of what I was asking....and asked me if I was willing to meet him 30 miles away to meet him. I took a deep breath and responded....NO!
I looked at his profile nd he was about 25 years old...go figure
BTW: I listed my item for a quick sales price to boot.

I don't understand how some people can be bold enough to ask for so much. I drove two hours one way to make a purchase yesterday. It was a great deal so I was willing to make the trip. Never thought of asking him to lower it even more just because I lived so far from him.

Back in the distant past, 2011, I learned this philosophy upon which I still generally insist:
If I’m buying, I come to you.
If you’re buying, you come to me.
If we’re trading, we meet somewhere about halfway between.

Any other arrangements can be discussed via pm but I have to be convinced of a compelling reason to alter these guidelines. If that means no deal, so be it. Another gun or buyer will come along. On that I am certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom