• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do people hate Springfield?

2.JPG

Just going to put this right here:
Rock-O-la M14F forged receiver Sweetness (all USGI).

And Springfield Cast receivers Yuck (just kidding I like Springfield rifles)

we're talking hand guns here .... right? :noidea: Thought so. Carry on.

You dont remember your previous post...

No hate here.
It's just that the ones I've fired felt like I was driving a Ford.
I drive a quiet, firm Chevrolet.
That is all. :yo:

Did you not just bring cars into this conversation with your weird comparison that was originally only talking about guns?

xtRxkMw.gif

And for the record, I've never heard a quiet corvette, but indeed, lets move along...

Thanks for the replies guys. Having some second opinions has made me feel better. Nothing has ever told me to not trust it, but in Woodstock where I live they’re al gun snobs and if it’s not a cold or a sig it might as well be a hi point. Shoot straight fellas!

I feel ya fellow Woodstickin. I carry Springfield. Come by Maxwell's Cigar Bar in downtown and say hi sometime.

I’m always there! My girlfriend used to work for Ice and my dad is their lawyer. I’d live to stop by and talk guns for a few minutes. Nice to see I’m not alone in the seemingly snobby Woodstock gun culture

.I've never heard a quiet corvette, but indeed, lets move along...

Ah yes, do move. Chevrolet. Well Sir, let me then compare the before mentioned Springfield (any) handgun to .....any other 'handgun'. As mentioned before, firing one seems the trigger and slide sound feels as though I have drug an empty soup can down a gravel road. Whereas, with say, a Walther PPQ is slick as snot on glass.

Georgia, especially metro Atlanta, is Glock country. On top of being a quality firearm, their HQ is in Smyrna, which makes it easy to get your Glock serviced or repaired.

I personally like Springfield's. I have an XDm 4.5 as my nightstand gun, and have owned several XDs .45's and XD's over the years. Fine guns that ran flawlessly.

The way Springfield handled the XDs recall several years ago was pretty amateurish. I realize that those kind of things happen, but it left many with a bad taste in their mouth.

I must say, though, I had to deal with Springfield's customer service on a magazine issue about 2-3 months back that pissed me off pretty bad in how they handled it. There's no way Glock, Ruger, S&W etc. customer service would have handled it in a similar fashion. So, that's gonna make me think about my future purchases a little more.

I also think that, apples to apples, the competition has passed Springfield by. S&W, CZ, H&K, FN, Sig, Ruger, even Glock are bringing new, exciting products to market, and Springfield gives us "Grip Zone". Eh.

I think you're getting into some kind of basic psychology. .....

Same reason people hated the good looking guy driving the corvette in high school. Jealousy!

Ah, no. A Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Z71, thank you.
we're talking hand guns here .... right? :noidea: Thought so. Carry on.

You dont remember your previous post...
Did you not just bring cars into this conversation with your weird comparison that was originally only talking about guns?...for the record, I've never heard a quiet corvette, but indeed, lets move along...

Ah yes, do move. Chevrolet. Well Sir, let me then compare the before mentioned Springfield (any) handgun to .....any other 'handgun'. As mentioned before, firing one seems the trigger and slide sound feels as though I have drug an empty soup can down a gravel road. Whereas, with say, a Walther PPQ is slick as snot on glass.

Ah, it all comes together.

Reactions: GFB
Because they make NO guns. That 45 wqs built in Brazil by Imbel and XDs was made in Croatia. They are an importer, not a gun manufacturer.

Because they make NO guns. That 45 wqs built in Brazil by Imbel and XDs was made in Croatia. They are an importer, not a gun manufacturer.
There are plenty of brands that are largely importers. Doesn't mean the products are bad. Weatherby, Browning, and Winchester import many of their products, farm them out to other companies overseas. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think Illinois-based companies face a lot of restrictions that make it easier to push production overseas than it would be to move to another state. I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom