• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do people leave guns in their cars especially overnight?

Recently Jacksonville FL was in the news down hear about guns being stolen from cars. The Sheriff's recommendation was to lock your car? http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...-unlocked-car-doors-in-jacksonville/437296000

Why do people leave guns in their cars to be stolen? My neighbor left her pistol in her unlocked car over night and what do you know it got stolen.
There's a myriad of situations why people leave guns in cars. But UNLOCKED? Yeah, I got nothing.

I only leave a gun in the car if I have to go into the post office, and then it gets locked in a lock box cabled to the seat frame.

Life ain't fair. You want to live in a perfect society without theft, where anybody is free to keep their life savings in glass punch bowl on the front porch? Find such a place and move there.

I say that it's irresponsible to leave loaded and working guns (not disabled or trigger locked, or chained-up) in a parked, unattended car. Especially handguns, which are the kind criminals want. Easily concealed, portable, and great for doing armed robberies and such.

Cars get broken into ALL. THE. TIME. It's so common in many places that cops won't even come out to take a report, much less try to get fingerprints or find nearby homes or businesses with security cameras that may have recorded the criminals. Nope. It's too common of a crime for that.

Guaranteed 'break-in proof' camouflage...
policysplatters.weebly.com_uploads_8_9_9_9_8999641_783133423_o34469b57ff475b1f7308f56eb1cc6105.jpg

Guaranteed 'break-in ME!' advertising...

KCeE1.jpg

Life ain't fair. You want to live in a perfect society without theft, where anybody is free to keep their life savings in glass punch bowl on the front porch? Find such a place and move there.

I say that it's irresponsible to leave loaded and working guns (not disabled or trigger locked, or chained-up) in a parked, unattended car. Especially handguns, which are the kind criminals want. Easily concealed, portable, and great for doing armed robberies and such.

Cars get broken into ALL. THE. TIME. It's so common in many places that cops won't even come out to take a report, much less try to get fingerprints or find nearby homes or businesses with security cameras that may have recorded the criminals. Nope. It's too common of a crime for that.

The punishment for said criminal is negligent, the perp will be back out on the street before the ink dries on the paperwork. Now if we too take these fine upstanding citizens and publicly executed them, you would be able to leave a punch bowl full of money on your porch.

Very true.

Back
Top Bottom