• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do people post firearms For Trade Only?

My take on this is that folks really want the cash. So they may take something in trade they have no interest in, but it had better be worth the time and effort to list it and sell it to get the cash they originally wanted in the first place.
I wish folks would at least try to sell their stuff before offering it for trade. I just don't have any need or want for 99.99975% of what is offered for trade.

I have listed items for trade. Normally say I have a Glock 19 and want a 26. I live in rural south ga so buyers/traders are limited. It seems when I buy a glock they are $500 and $425 when I'm selling. If I have one and someone would like to trade I can normally trade even. Sometimes trading is just enjoyable and you may wind up with something you didn't know you wanted.

I have listed items for trade. Normally say I have a Glock 19 and want a 26. I live in rural south ga so buyers/traders are limited. It seems when I buy a glock they are $500 and $425 when I'm selling. If I have one and someone would like to trade I can normally trade even. Sometimes trading is just enjoyable and you may wind up with something you didn't know you wanted.
On which magical fantasy site do you sell a Glock for $425? Inquiring minds and all that....

Good replies (Most)... I totally get specific trade requests and I understand the wife seeing cash scenario.
I am not UPSET about people listing things for trade only, I was just trying to get feedback understand the mindset.

Like mentioned - If I see something I want that is FTO, I can offer cash.
Thanks for the feedback.

Good replies (Most)... I totally get specific trade requests and I understand the wife seeing cash scenario.
I am not UPSET about people listing things for trade only, I was just trying to get feedback understand the mindset.

Like mentioned - If I see something I want that is FTO, I can offer cash.
Thanks for the feedback.

You’re right, there’s usually a cash price on everything if you offer the right price.

Back
Top Bottom