• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

why do we allow obvious flippers to profit off of odt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what he is saying, that instead of letting someone who actually wants the item buy it they scoop it up just to resale it, it's just something that's going to happen.

images.jpg

Nothing we can do about it.

Whatever you do, don't call anyone out for their douchebaggery because you will definitely get a warning. Lol. Sometimes it's worth it. Some people should know they are douchebags
Yeah sometimes you type the whole thing out and start to hit the post button and go " Dammit! I can't post that even though I REALLY want to."

There may not be much anyone can do but.....if a few folks continually get away with flipping guns then soon it will get to the point that the site is open to felony sales or that the members put up with it.

They way i look at it is it will attract unwanted attention.

Buy waht you want, sell what you want. But if you are doing it for profit you know its against the law.

If you wanna flip so bad get a damned FFL.

Just my .02

Why do members start threads with all the "Why do WE allow" fill in the blank crap. Since when did "WE" control anything on a forum that some hard working person(s) started all by themselves and took all the risk to make it what it is today?

If some of you really want that type on draconian control.....start your own site. Then you can break out the ban hammer at will. In a few weeks it would be whittled down to just the way you wanted it.....and would be a great site for you and your "mama and them".

Hey @Ken Ford , can't you just get the Big Okuma to make this thread a sticky and automatically alert the whole membership weekly to re-read it? Of course adding the "Glocks too high!" and "Respond to my PM's!" crap too. :wacko:

Reactions: JWC
I never said you mods don't do a good job {well maybe I have} but still.

Since you mentioned the ad being their "storefront" I don't see anything wrong with putting a "glass door" review on their place of business. This s is the Internet and a private forum I know. However, even online reviews are good or bad depending. Around here you can't even leave a bad review about a price. Not even in your own thread, that's the fallout I was talking about.

Speaking on the subject immaturity this is a grown up forum that is a muck with immaturity, especially when guys (and gals) get pissy when someone calls them a flipper or posts a dolphin. That's my issue and a few others I'm sure. It's only immature if you post a comment that can be deemed detrimental. What about it being "sarcasm". That'll get you a point around here now. I know from experience unfortunately. A few comments were made in jest and clearly within the guidelines and I got points.

Like I said though it is what it is now. I'm good and so is the site. We have lost some longstanding members because of the double standard though.. Not very many places we can go like the odt. Kudos to being a babysitter
Yep

well there is that guy and he's in the woodpile with another guy and that **** aint on the up and up.I'll just leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom