• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Why do you need a gun?"

greyaliens4.jpg

They did a study about names. They put together a series of resumes. The resumes were essentially equivalent. One had normal John, Joe, Bob type names. The other had f'd up bro names like LaJarvicious etc.

The folks when had normal names got offered interviews, not so with the bro names. No responses. Apparently hit the trash
I read the same study when I was getting my degree. The prof made it into a story about discrimination. I tend to look at it as an indicator. I have seen exceptions, but unfortunately, too few.

It's definitely the stupidity an pettiness of these crimes that really get to me. I mean, you're going to jail for a crime involving a gun, for what. A watch, a wallet an iphone. Split between three of them. For ***** sake. I mean, risk vs reward. Wheres the sense of self value, like I don't know, if you're going to risk going to jail for a few years, maybe put a dollar value on it. I guess I'm thinking about breaking the law from a law abiding standpoint, but if you're going to take the risk, maybe think of something where you're going to get a couple grand each. I mean it's dangerous and incompetent at the same time. It drives me nuts.
I feel the same way. Years ago I managed a chain pizza joint. I moved to a different store and a guy who rented a room from me took over the store a few months later. He was lax with his security and the store got burglarized and the bad guys got $1900. A police detective came to interview me. He told me that he thought I did it because the locks were never changed after I transferred(I had notified corporate security of this issue) and the guy lived at my house. I asked him how much was taken, already knowing the answer. He told me that it was $1900 and that I could pay some bills with that. I told him that if it had been a million, I'd be a good suspect, but $1900 wasn't worth my time. I then told him to get out of my house for being rude.

Back
Top Bottom