• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why does everyone wanna see DL or GWCL?

Maybe that's why the guns keep sitting and by selling...repost em...bump em..everybody has seen the guns stop bumping them..you wanna sell em you know what to do

my answer to your question is for me as the seller to make sure I'm selling to someone who is not a convicted felon and who can legally own a firearm. seems reasonable to me.

That is the answer that is usually given. Not unreasonable, but also not your responsibility. Knowingly (the key word)selling to a felon or to someone from out of state is the problem. Again, not your responsibility to find that out.
You also have to realize that DL’s and GWCL’s are not always fool proof. They don’t ask for them back when you leave state(DL) or become a felon(GWCL).
And this is why i asked.

Almost 2 year old discussion!

They don’t ask for them back when you leave state(DL) or become a felon(GWCL).
And this is why i asked.

Almost 2 year old discussion!

The Jr. G-men can't seem to grasp that a GWL doesn't deal with what has gone on in your life in the last 4+ years, like that domestic violence charge you picked up a couple of years ago, or the restraining order you got served with yesterday. They all would "feel bad" if they sold to a convicted felon, but apparently they have a clear conscience about selling to a domestic abuser.

Back
Top Bottom