• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why does everyone wanna see DL or GWCL?

Yeah, proof of residence is a must, a peek at GWL is a nice bonus. I like the line in the ad that says by responding to this you agree that...
Must be discussed prior to the meet if either side has any "requirements ". ODT feedback may loosen any opinion I have on that.

It makes you and the sailer safer I don't axe to cee a DL or Purmit...

My BOS requires a selfie with the buyer, all 10 fingers printed, a credit report from all three major companies, small sperm sample, your spouses or kids SSN, and a saliva swab of the cheek.

for an AR15, ****... I gotta 25 min class I'm going to give you on top of all the other ****.
More info needed on how one goes about the collection of sperm samples at the meet to verify it belongs to the buyer and not faked like during a UA.
Asking for me friend

I always ask to see a Georgia drivers license. Usually a carry permit gets flashed as most on here have one. I need to know your a Georgia resident. If you can’t prove it with a Georgia ID, no sale. I haven’t had that issue with a buyer yet. I’ve only done a couple deals, so maybe I’ll eventually run into a shady transaction I need to shut down.

My approach as well.

Easy requirement to check, no need to give some reporter more fodder for their article about how "easy" it is to buy a gun illegally.

But it's not a requirement. "Knowingly" That's the key word.
An individual buyer or seller of a firearm breaks the law when they "KNOWINGLY" sell a firearm to a nonresident or a "KNOWN" convicted felon.
The law says nothing bout proving anything.

I'm sure that when Georgia's law gets changed like many other states and 4473 or some other form of transfer is imposed all the BOSers will be elated while they piss and moan about firearm registration.

I really don't see the need in half measures. If we are going to be skeptical or paranoid, then we should just go through a FFL dealer and fill out the 4473.

It's much easier to steal firearms than buy them illegally. Most illegally bought weapons were stolen before they were sold.

We don't need any new laws, we just need the laws we have to be upheld and the punishment fit the crime.

Is it illegal to sell a gun to a resident of another state? I have never heard this before. I can understand not selling a gun to someone from Alabama or an Auburn grad, but what about someone from North Carolina, they would probably be harmless.

Back
Top Bottom