• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why does everyone wanna see DL or GWCL?

Ok im back. I knew this would get some conversation going. I was just curious if everyone knew why they were asking to see a drivers license and/or carry permit. I don’t care one way or the other. I have both and haven’t run into a strange situation where i didnt feel comfortable showing them. It seems that people do it to cover themselves. The “story” i have is for those folks.
So, I have a friend that found a pistol on here and worked out a trade deal with a guy. He met him half way and did the trade. About a year later he got a call from the Thomas County Sheriffs department. He was questioned about the pistol he had traded(he purchased new). The gun was found in a drug raid (along with others). The pistol had it numbers ground off. The only reason for the call was because they thought the gun was stolen and it would add to his charges. My buddy told the officer the story of the trade and was never questioned about what was said or done during the transaction.
I just thought i would get people thinking. I thought it was interesting and thought i would share the experience.

And a BOS, showing DL, and/or GWL, would have helped him how? Exactly. It would have been of no use whatsoever.:shocked:

Why are people more concerned with who they sell to than who they buy from?:wacko:

Ok im back. I knew this would get some conversation going. I was just curious if everyone knew why they were asking to see a drivers license and/or carry permit. I don’t care one way or the other. I have both and haven’t run into a strange situation where i didnt feel comfortable showing them. It seems that people do it to cover themselves. The “story” i have is for those folks.
So, I have a friend that found a pistol on here and worked out a trade deal with a guy. He met him half way and did the trade. About a year later he got a call from the Thomas County Sheriffs department. He was questioned about the pistol he had traded(he purchased new). The gun was found in a drug raid (along with others). The pistol had it numbers ground off. The only reason for the call was because they thought the gun was stolen and it would add to his charges. My buddy told the officer the story of the trade and was never questioned about what was said or done during the transaction.
I just thought i would get people thinking. I thought it was interesting and thought i would share the experience.
Sounds like they missed a serial number somewhere lol.

So think a CCW means you are a law abiding citizen and safe to sell to.

I think it means you could be those things or.....you haven't been caught.
There is one thing you can be 100% sure of if someone has a GWCL.... they have a GWCL. Anything else is "feels".

If I'm suspicious enough of you to have to see your DL, or GWL, then I'm probably not going to buy or sell you a firearm.:mmph::shocked::tape2::thumb::wacko::pop2::fish2::grouphug:

Back
Top Bottom