• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why does everyone wanna see DL or GWCL?

So when you buy that second hand firearm from an individual, you don't check their credentials? :shocked:(possession of stolen firearms):thumb:

I had a fellow ask me if I was legal to possess a firearm, I asked him if he was legal to be selling it.:shocked:
He was a little startled, then realized there could be criminals on both sides of the fence.
I bought the pistol and all is well.

Mind.......blown. Shizzle, how do I check to see if any of my guns are stolen?

My friend sold a gun to a gun hop years ago. The dealer put into his personal collection and kept it. I day my friend got a call from the GBI asking about the 40 cal Glock he owned. Told who he sold it to and asked why they called him. Turns out the dealer killed his wife with it.
This is kind of what I tell dumbasses that ask me "Why you sellin' it?" I calmly reply (with furtive glances around) "I kept telling that bitch and telling that bitch to keep her mouth shut, but no. She wouldn't listen. Well, I had to to what I had to do and now the cops are getting close!"

Mind.......blown. Shizzle, how do I check to see if any of my guns are stolen?

Take them all to the police station. :doh::becky:
They will check the numbers and confiscate any that have been stolen, and my file charges against you for being in possession of stolen firearms.:shocked:

And a BOS, showing DL, and/or GWL, would have helped him how? Exactly. It would have been of no use whatsoever.:shocked:

Why are people more concerned with who they sell to than who they buy from?:wacko:

98% of my dealings are on ODT so I don't worry about it either way.

So you are more worried about selling a firearm to someone from out of state or a convicted felon, than being in possession of a stolen firearm that may or may not have been used in a crime?:shocked:

Yes, you can check serial numbers very quickly. Personally, I'd rather cut a loss than know I contributed by giving a gun to someone that does harm.

Back
Top Bottom