• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why don't more people become FFL dealers to buy guns at cost

elloco07

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
I was just wondering why don't most gun owners become FFL dealers to buy guns at cost? Is one of the main reasons is so the govt doesn't know what kind of guns they own\sell? Just curious.

There's a lot more to it than "just getting an FFL license". You also have to go through all the ass-pain of starting and maintaining a business.

Just because you have a FFL does not mean the manufacturer will sell to you. Most require minimum order sizes along with other requirements. Not to mention the hassles that go along with it.

I would think the main reasons are the cost, over $800.00 just for the license not to mention rent and insurance, the hassle, zoning, business license, etc.

Not to mention the documentation on the guns. Having an FFL means you have to log them in and out and document with BATFE inspection as a very real possibility.

I was told that i could not get a FFL without having a store front. I have a C&R ,Thats not hard at all to get ,but to be honest ive only used it one time to get a good deal on 4 Mosin Nagants FFL seems to be a pain to get.

Back
Top Bottom